Elevated levels of pro-inflammatory, aging-associated oxylipins can be normalized by eating ground flaxseed.
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org’s free newsletter to receive our B12 infographic that covers the latest research takeaways and Dr. Greger’s updated recommendations:
Here’s the video I did on Flax Seeds for Hypertension (
What about flax and cancer? See:
• Flaxseeds & Breast Cancer Survival: Clinical Evidence (
• Can Flax Seeds Help Prevent Breast Cancer? (
• Flaxseed vs. Prostate Cancer (
• Flaxseeds & Breast Cancer Prevention (
I also have one on diabetes: Flaxseeds vs. Diabetes (
And weight loss: Benefits of Flaxseed Meal for Weight Loss (
But what about the cyanide content of flax? I answered that in
How Well Does Cooking Destroy the Cyanide in Flaxseeds? ( and Should We Be Concerned About the Cyanide from Flaxseed? (
What else can help fight inflammation? Check out:
• Inhibiting Platelet Aggregation with Berries (
• Turmeric Curcumin and Osteoarthritis (
• Turmeric Curcumin and Rheumatoid Arthritis (
• Which Spices Fight Inflammation? (
• Dietary Treatment for Painful Menstrual Periods (
• Benefits of Turmeric Curcumin for Inflammatory Orbital Pseudotumor (
• The Effects of Avocados and Red Wine on Meal-Induced Inflammation (
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here:
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
Do you have feedback about the translations in this video? Please share it here along with the title of the video and language:
Image credit: Petra / pixabay
• Podcast :
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org
• Books (including the NEW How Not to Diet Cookbook):