Cannabis shipments from state-licensed operators did not pick up steam as expected in the past year after the pandemic forced the overall economy to switch to on-demand products. Meanwhile, the New Jersey attorney general decided last week to ban delivery companies that began “giving away” cannabis shortly after the plant was legalized for adult consumers earlier this year.
At the same time, other states are using micro-licensing and delivery mechanisms as the primary stepping stone to a fairer market – both factors that can serve as changemakers in the emerging, multi-billion dollar industry.
This topic will be explored on July 29th during NJ Cannabis Insider Live’s first personal business mixer since the pandemic shutdown more than 15 months ago. The meetup will take place at the Asbury Hotel in Asbury Park from 6pm to 10pm. Register early. In contrast to our virtual events, the capacity is limited to 150 people. (Buy tickets here.)
The four-hour session includes the “Delivery, Equity and Microlicensing” panel with:
- Precious Osagie Erese is the Chief Operations Officer of the CBD delivery company Roll Up Life
- Ellie Siegel, CEO of cannabis consultancy Longview Strategic
- Bob Anderson, attorney with Lindabury, McCormick, Estabrook & Cooper
- Sydney Snow, is the Senior Manager of Government and Community Affairs at Eaze Technologies
The remainder of the event will be dedicated to professional networking, exchange of ideas, advice and brainstorming on some of the most pressing issues surrounding the state of the industry.
Sponsors and partners are:
- Hance Construction was selected to build one of the first cannabis cultivation facilities in New Jersey and has since participated in other medical cannabis projects, providing advice and location services.
- Supreme Security Alarms, New Jersey, a leader in security, offers bespoke, state-of-the-art systems to protect your business.
- Harvest 360 is a cannabis consultancy specializing in application preparation and license management, working to break down barriers to entry for communities hardest hit by the war on drugs. Harvest360 is NJ Cannabis Insider’s social equity partner for this event.
- Lindabury, McCormick, Estabrook & Cooper and their cannabis industry team advise companies in the cannabis industry on transactions and litigation, and help clients navigate the complex federal, state and local regulations.
- Longview Strategic provides advisory services and industry insights to clients in the country’s emerging, highly regulated markets, specializing in licensing opportunities and aiming to empower, develop and position thought leaders to work through a professional network of ancillary service providers and authentic engagement with local communities.
- Shore Grow is an Ocean, NJ-based company that advises and supplies commercial New Jersey farmers – whether vegetables, hemp, or cannabis – who grow organically outdoors in soil or hydroponically indoors.
Click here for more information and to buy tickets. Space is limited.
NJ Cannabis Insider is a weekly subscription-based online trade magazine and events group produced by NJ Advance Media, which also publishes NJ.com, The Star-Ledger, and other affiliated newspapers.