There are some serious public health concerns about the legalization of marijuana, but they are probably not what you might expect.
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org’s free newsletter to receive our B12 infographic that covers the latest research takeaways and Dr. Greger’s updated recommendations:
Stay tuned for Marijuana Legalization and the Opioid Epidemic ( in a couple of weeks, but I have a whole treasure chest of cannabis videos that are going to be dribbling every month or so until the end of 2019. If you want to see them all now, I put them all in a digital DVD ( (all proceeds go to charity).
You can catch my previous cannabis videos here:
• The Institute of Medicine Report on the Health Effects of Marijuana (
• Researching the Health Effects of Marijuana (
• Is Marijuana Addictive? (
• Does Marijuana Cause Health Problems? (
• Does Marijuana Cause Permanent Brain Damage in Teens? (
• Does Marijuana Cause Permanent Brain Damage in Adults? (
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here:
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
Do you have feedback about the translations in this video? Please share it here along with the title of the video and language:
To view the subtitles in transcript format, click on the ellipsis button below the video, choose “Open transcript”, and select the language you’d like to view them in.
Image credit: Myriams-Fotos / Pixabay
• Podcast :
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org
• Books (including the NEW How Not to Diet Cookbook):